A Tag (HTML Code for Link)
The <a></a> tag is the HTML Code for Hyperlink. This is the real power of the internet. As you look at a page, you can simply click a link and instantly be transported millions of... oops, thousands of miles away.
<A href="URL" href="URL#anchor" href="mailto:email" name="anchor-name" target="location">
- The domain and filename of the page you are going to.
- The domain, filename and anchor name of the location on a page you are going to.
- The HTML Code for Email Link. Links to an email address through your local email program. The MAILTO option can mail to a single person, or many, if separated by commas. After the MAILTO option, you can also add ?Subject, ?CC or ?BCC.
- The page address can be either relative or absolute. If you are referencing a page within your domain, you may simply call it by directory and name. If the web page is outside your domain, then you need to include the page type (http, ftp, gopher, mailto etc) along with the domain and page name.
- Set an anchor at the current location on a page.
- Defines which window the link result will appear in. Options are _blank (a new blank window), _self (current link window), _parent (previous window), _top (full body of current window) or top (into a new blank window).